As I’ve mentioned here before, I’m working on something that I’m pretty excited about. I still can’t say too much about it (I’m in the midst of submitting patent and trademark applications) but I can tease you a little bit with the name of the company. What I’d like to get is some feedback, particularly if you’re a musician (especially a fretted instrument player). In particular, I’m looking for information from individuals suffering from G.A.S. – Guitar Acquisition Syndrome.
The name of the company is GuitarFurniture, and you can visit our “coming soon” website at guitarfurniture.com. Without giving away too much, we’re going to be building fine furniture for your guitar. Our theory is that if you’re gonna spend $3,000 and up on a guitar, you’d be inclined to spend a little more to get a really great guitar stand for your instrument, instead of one of the typically cheap stands sold at most music stores.
So, here are some questions for you:
- How many instruments do you own?
- Do you typically display your instruments in your home, or do you keep them stored in their cases?
- Do you hang them on a wall, or keep them on a floor stand?
- Do you own any multi-instrument stands?
- What do you like about your guitar stands?
- What do you hate about your guitar stands?
- What style furniture do you have in the room where you display your instruments?
- Do you play professionally? How often do you perform?
- Do you play solo, or in a group?
- When you play, how many instruments do you use?
- How important is portability to you?
If you would like to talk about this, please get in touch! We’re looking for feedback, in this (hopefully) brief period before we launch our first product. Your feedback could earn you a discount on our product when it launches. If you’re not a guitarist, but know someone who is, please pass along the URL for this blog, and invite them to sign up.